How to Make a Referral to HAVEN
If you are concerned about yourself or a colleague, call HAVEN at 860 828-3175.
At the time of the first contact, it is helpful to be able to provide some of the following information:
- The name, address, and telephone number of the professional
- The nature of the concern
- Any history and factors related to the concern
- Any previous services or treatment received
- Documentation of any complaints that may have initiated the contact
You will also be asked about:
- Any felony charges or convictions
- Past or pending licensure disciplinary actions
- Allegations of patient harm.
In the event that any of the above are identified, HAVEN is required to work with the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health for a determination of eligibility to participate in this confidential program. If you are concerned that you or your colleague may not be eligible, please call HAVEN at 860 828-3175 and ask to make an inquiry to Maureen Dinnan.
When you refer an individual to HAVEN, please plan to consider:
- Any time constraints or parameters related to the referral
- Your own plan of action and expectations (if the referral is being made by an employer, a physician health committee, hospital, or by another facility or entity).
- A release of information in order for HAVEN to confirm contact and involvement with HAVEN.
When you are asking a professional to self refer to HAVEN, please consider:
Legal Notice: HAVEN provides this site as a service to Connecticut healthcare professionals and others. The materials in this site are provided "As Is" and without warranties of any kind, express or implied. HAVEN is not liable for damages of any kind, whether special, indirect or consequential, arising from the use of information supplied herein. Nothing in this site is intended to constitute medial or legal advice. As a convenience, HAVEN may provide links to other sites, but does not control the contents of these other sites.
- Explaining HAVEN's mission and emphasize confidentiality and peer support
- Stressing that HAVEN focuses on wellness and problems that may potentially affect the ability to practice and work safely
- Providing information on how to contact HAVEN to make an appointment to determine a Plan for Support
- Noting that HAVEN does not provide medical or health care and an independent evaluation or assessment will most likely be recommended by HAVEN
- Informing the professional that a release of information would need to be signed for you to confirm his or her involvement at HAVEN and that he or she is expected to request a release at the first meeting with HAVEN